Tuesday, November 11, 2008

To Remember

To Remember

The efforts to remember
are causing your back muscles to twitch
There's an uneasiness building up
in the hollow of your chest
There's a red poppy
attached to your vest
with a pin and a desire to never forget

That was my ode to Remembrance Day. This morning, I read The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. I think that book is tops on my list for times read. I think the Magician's Nephew is probably a close second. When I was reading it this morning, I started thinking about a past Christmas. It was weird. I couldn't place what Christmas/event I was trying to remember. But it felt like the memory was on the tip of my tongue but instead of being on my tongue, I could feel it in my chest and it was just trying to jump out. I dunno. It was a weird sensation. I'm still not sure what I was trying to remember. Peace out.

1 comment:

L. said...

I like this poem. I also like the description you have about memory. I used to read the Narnia series every Christmas holiday right through college:)