Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Shifted

Shifted

Everything has shifted
as the tectonic plates of my life find a new home
the landscape is all different
I wander around lost
as I can't find any familiar landmarks
You used to be here
beside me
Now I don't know where you are
I just pray that you are safe
and that we will be reunited in time

Hmm... I really struggled with today's piece. I wanted to write this since Sunday but I wasn't sure what I wanted to write and I wanted to let my emotions settle a bit. In the end, I'm still not sure if I like what I did. I wanted to write about a heart break and a death that happened on the weekend. I feel like I've cheapened the death by talking about something as dumb as hurt feelings but I feel like the scenarios are actually very similar. Some one important in your life is no longer around. Maybe I'm grasping at straws. Peace out.

1 comment:

L. said...

"Shifted" is the perfect word for these changes in life. I think you are right that the scenarios are similar, at least within one's emotions. Hope all is well.