Thursday, November 6, 2008

Pop Him

Pop Him

I sit here and try to take it in stride
as he sits across from me on the other side
of the table, openly flirting with you
going over the top. I wish he knew when
to stop or that I might just be able to pop
him one in the face to see if he enjoys feeling
what I feel. With every one liner, I just feel
worse. I feel like a balloon that like a needle
his words burst me and I go shooting into the
corner of the room and there I retreat and
regather myself as the pain inside me consumes
every last ounce of strength in my being
My chest is getting heavy and I'm having trouble
breathing. He doesn't even want you... not like I do.
He's just honing his skills so that when he's had his fill
and perfected his game, he'll apply it to Jill, or Jane,
or Jessica whoever he's in love with. Why do you
allow him to continue to pretend to woo you. Can't you
see that I mean what he says and that I would promise
you the remaining of my days just so you'll give me
a chance to be more than friends. We could give it a shot
for a week, year or decade. Ok, I've decided. I will go
ahead and pop him. I clench my hand to a fist and hit
him square in the face.

Fun. I wonder what it would feel like to get punched in the face. I dunno... maybe if I keep up my antics, I'll find out. Hope not though. Peace out.

No comments: