Monday, November 17, 2008

The Shelf

The Shelf

I don't think about you anymore
Except when I'm lying on the floor
I lied
I don't say this in jest

I think about you in the interval between each breath
I probably shouldn't have told you this
because now we'll only be awkward
and I've reversed all the months of progress
that I've made
Lying to you
and lying to myself
It's time to start the streak over again
It's day one. I put my feelings again on the shelf

Hahahaha, I wrote the first part of this poem for a YouTube video that I just made. I thought it was too good to not finish so here's the rest of it. I'm starting to run out of good songs to cover. Especially because I want them to be fairly obscure but who knows. Do I even know any obscure songs? Is it arrogant of me to think that I listen to good music that no one else does? I guess it is. That sucks. Boo. Peace out.

No comments: