Sunday, November 30, 2008

Betrayed

Betrayed

All these years, I've never found out
who it was that betrayed me
It can't possibly be one of my girls
I invested in them when I was in my prime
I was convinced that 2 years would have been enough time
to imprint them with my mark
to ensure that they were both pretty and smart
and not taken in by all the lies of the world
I invested equally in each of my 6 girls
All those times shared underneath the elm
was wasted... and we can't start over again

Just another poem based on The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie. I just wanted to get something done before I go and watch the Amazing Race. It's been a good November I feel. I wrote a poem everyday except for last Wednesday and I've made 3 youtube videos. Not bad. Last week, I read 4 books or maybe it was 5... I don't remember. I got a chin up bar and I started doing chin ups at all times of the day. I suspect I hurt my abs doing chin ups this morning. Is that even possible? What else? Oh yeah, I also blew out all the candles. That's my teaser for an upcoming piece. Peace out.

No comments: