Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Redo

Redo

If I could
I would
do everything differently
Not because I'm drowning in regrets
but because I know there was a better option
a secret option
a smarter option
If I could
I would
I'd redo it
I'd redo it all

I enjoy playing video games and like to play them through twice. The first time through, I like to pay attention to the story and just have fun. On my second play through, I don't notice the story very much and try to work towards what gamers call a "perfect save". This means that every thing is done to the utmost. All the secrets are unlocked and attained, all the characters are maximized to their perfect form. It's the perfectionist in me that demands this second play through.

I wonder what life would be like if we were all given a chance to do a second play through. I touched on this in an earlier post when I wondered how people could live without regrets. I think if everyone was given a chance to redo their life, the world would be so different. Even when I think back to my first year in university, I can think of so many different things I would have done differently to make my life better. I dunno. Just a thought. Peace out.

1 comment:

L. said...

I was thinking a lot about this post. I have often wondered the same about choices and other paths. But sometimes I also wonder would the other choices have lead to different regrets? Or would other paths lead away from the parts of our lives we don't regret.Just a few thoughts...:)