Friday, November 14, 2008

Always Never

Always Never

The new fallen snow is being moved around
by the whirling winds of change
Creating valleys and hills among the pre-existing snow drifts

At the gym, I'm doing all that I can
I push myself to my limits with every lift
It's been 6 days since the land mass shift

I thought that maybe perhaps I would try one last time
I thought my approach was oh so clever
she shot me down at once and said the answer was always never

I really like this one... not because it is true or anything of the sort but because it is the first piece that I wrote based on an idea I wrote in my poetry idea log book. Hahahaha. I hopefully will not lose any more good ideas based on my laziness or lack of perfect memory. I wrote the last two lines of this piece in my log book... had to make up the rest of it to fit. Oh well. I wanted to have a line about crunchy snow but then I started thinking and I don't really remember crunchy snow. I think that phrase was fresh in my mind because C.S. Lewis used that term in Lion, Witch, Wardrobe. I dunno. I have some experience with snow though. Yesterday was a wet, melting, dirty day. I wish it would get colder. Cold = Clean. Peace out.

No comments: