Sunday, November 9, 2008

Benched

Benched

It's time
to take off my skates
yet again
I've been benched
She didn't say a thing
just a click here and
a click there
and the universe is informed
My imagination played a trick on me
I don't seek sympathy
just a chance to play
the game that I love

Yup. Different tone today that's for sure. I just got some news the other day that is not of the happy variety. Actually, this piece is based on so much stuff that went on during the past 30 hours that I don't even know what to attribute it to. On a different note, I'm totally obsessed with this song "Geek Love" by Nerina Pallot. I've listened to it over 50 times in the past few days according to my iTunes counter. I tend to do that... pick a song and play it nonstop until I don't even notice that it's playing anymore. You would think that I would know the lyrics by now, but I don't. I guess in some ways, that's how it's like with my life too. There's nothing new under the sun. I suppose I should have known how things would turn out this time, but I didn't. Maybe I refuse to learn. Peace out.

No comments: