Sunday, November 23, 2008

Midnight Snack

Midnight Snack

In bed
with teeth brushed four hours ago
I stir under the covers
starving
I wake
and grab two yogurt covered granola bars
Just the perfect midnight snack
now back to dreaming up a way
to get you back

Hahahaha, typical of me to end a perfectly innocent poem like that. I like. Recently, I've been working out more. I've found my way back onto the treadmill and have started doing some weight training for my handstand push up training and on Thursday, I got a chin up bar. I went crazy doing chin ups on that first day and now I can barely squeeze out two. I guess I need more time to recover. Anyways, with my new calorie burning activities, I've been starving at night. Last night, I finally gave in and ate something. It's been a while since I've eaten in bed. I wonder why I had those granola bars so handy. I guess past-me was looking out for present-me. Good job. Peace out.

No comments: