Friday, November 28, 2008

The Early Winter

The Early Winter

Standing on the shore in West Egg
Thinking back to that summer day
when I was happy with my Daisy Kaye
I return 5 years later
reinvented

Our future together was bright
until that dreadful night
at the edge of summer entering fall
and the unnecessary accident
and the husband who was hell bent

On taking his revenge
as I take my first and last summer swim
he introduces me to lead
Everything grew cold
as autumn was skipped entirely
and I knew I would never be with her
as I am consumed by the early winter

Hmmm... that wasn't any good. I read The Great Gatsby today. It was alright. I liked it much more than I did The Heart is a Lonely Hunter. Maybe my preference of books is betraying my ability to appreciate "good" literature. I must say that I enjoyed Twilight much more than both these books. I like books about love and that have a plot, and maybe a hero and some crises for him/her to deal with... maybe a villian or 2 would help as well. Anyways, today I wanted to stay in my tradition of writing with the mindset of one of the fictional characters. Jim Gatz ftw. Peace out.

No comments: