Saturday, November 8, 2008

Precipitation

Precipitation

I don't know what's the right thing to do
or if a right exists to be found
I turn over the rocks and stones on the ground
searching for gold in the form of wisdom

I took a break from my search
and put shovel to driveway
to clear all the snow and cobwebs away

I lost one night's worth of sleep
and I'm sure in the end it will be more
as I wait to see the results of my choice
as my action leads to reactions
and what might precipitate to affect the world
and it makes me wonder
why are things so complicated
when it comes to a boy and a girl


Drama king for the win. I shoveled snow yesterday and today. I haven't done much upper body work this past summer as I worked on becoming a better long distance runner. It was very evident. My shoulders were burning and now my lower back is slightly sore. The snow was exceptionally heavy... most of it was ice. I salted the walkway and I was wondering how the salt will affect the lawn come spring. It's crazy how long a decision you make today can continue to affect your life in the future. I find it hard to believe people can live without regrets. I know that wasn't a skill I picked up growing up. Peace out.

1 comment:

L. said...

I enjoyed your poem. I often find myself wondering if "a right exists to be found". Snow already?:( I like the way you combine a poem with talking about your day and the thoughts you have.