Friday, November 7, 2008

The House

The House

I'm building the house for two
Every choice I've made, I've considered you
Would you like the layout?
Did I leave you enough space?
I wish I could have seen your face
when I told you about my plans
I wish you were my girl and I your man
The foundation of the house is a similar taste in candy
and the identical need for resources
The walls are years of friendship that will protect us
from all the naysayers and people who want to take what we have
like robbers in the night
together we can fight
and do our victory dance
to a song found by a friend

Hahaha, this was the poem I wanted to write yesterday but I never got the chance because I was thinking about other stuff. This poem was inspired by something I said on Wednesday night during a game of settlers about building a house for two. Everything else is fictional so don't be worried. Lolz. Peace out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hahaha! Good one!