Thursday, November 20, 2008

Familiar Tune

Familiar Tune

The haunting notes drift in from the other room
like the scent of chocolate chip cookies but with more gloom
The familiar tune resonates inside the four chambers of your heart
shaking your very core, every wall seems to be falling apart
And you wonder where you've heard this song before
or why the melody reminds you of her
and how she fails to see
that things will never be the way they used to be

I started this piece a few times today. I wanted to write about familiar melodies or similar melodies. There was a story on the news today about a song sounding like another song and the controversy. I wonder if the same thing happens with poems. Maybe someone out there thinks I'm "stealing" from them or maybe someone out there is handing in my poems for a highschool assignment. Who knows... maybe that would explain some of the weird hits I've been getting. Peace out.

No comments: