Saturday, September 6, 2008

Treadmills

Treadmills

Treadmills are for people who like pain
they allow you to run without having to run in the rain
Treadmills allow you to train as if you're going uphill
they allow you to stop when you want when you've had your fill
... and you don't have to walk home
cause you're already there

Yup, so my sister and I got a treadmill today. The model claims that it takes 2 people less than 1 hour to assemble it. Liars. And who knew that treadmills would be so heavy? Guess what, they are heavy. I'm not sure what I want to do now that I have a treadmill. I've been running outside just fine all summer but I guess it will come in handy when winter rolls around. At least now I can run in the winter and I won't have to start from scratch every spring like I've been doing for the past years. Tomorrow is my first "intervals" run. I started a new running program to help improve my 10k times. Apparently if I just go out and run aimlessly, my times won't improve. Oh well, I guess we'll see.

Anyways, I haven't written in such a long time but I want to get back into the act again. I don't want to commit to starting a new streak but I do want to write more. I've had some good ideas lately and hopefully I will attempt to write some pieces later on this week.

No comments: