Tuesday, September 23, 2008

The Storm

The Storm

No one really saw it coming
Skies were clear as the sun was setting
A gentle breeze blows in from the East
It caught them unawares, they were not ready in the least
Enter the storm from stage right
They could tell by the rain and wind that it would be a long night
The storm comes and goes
It leaves them shattered and cares not for their woes

Yeah, kinda late I know.  Storm news has kinda come and gone like it does every year.  Sometimes I forget that these storms happen every single year.  I remember that I forgot what time of year these storms happened.  I wasn't sure when we went to Disney World 2 years ago if it was hurricane season or not.  I believe, for some reason, that I thought the spring time was hurricane season.  I was wrong, but luckily our trip wasn't affected too much by rain or storms.

Sometimes "storms" can come into our lives.  It's weird how they can come quickly out of nowhere and then just disappear again.  And like real storms, they don't seem to care what kinda condition they leave you in.  Sometimes I wonder what the purpose of storms.  Is it just an extreme case of the water cycle in action?  I dunno.  Peace out.

No comments: