Monday, September 15, 2008

Dance

Dance

It's 2am and I'm howling at the moon
you appeared from around the corner
with your flowing blonde hair
I say, "come sit. talk. grab a chair"
It's 10 years later, I still think of her

New York is beautiful in the fall
free concerts are given nightly at central park
why didn't you come and meet me there
you, the girl with the beautiful hair
I waited and waited for you by the arch

The stars must have aligned
the moon is smiling down on us
as we, by chance
stumble across each other
fated perhaps to share a dance
and then return to our separate lives of emptiness

Hmmm... I watched the movie August Rush yesterday and this was kinda inspired by it but I changed a few things.  I don't know why Keri Russell never got bigger than she did.  She's got great hair.  I took the liberties (like I usually do) to change some aspects of the storyline.  Originally, I had titled this thing "arch" because that was a main part of the storyline... well, kinda.  People always made arrangements to meet at the arch, but I felt like "dance" would be a more suitable title after I finished writing it.  And I think it fits my style of titles a lot more.  Lately, I 've been picking titles and then forcing the poem to fit it but I guess today is different, but more of the same.  Man, I have been watching too much american election coverage.  Peace out.

No comments: