Saturday, September 6, 2008

Johanna

Johanna

Johanna
the girl with the yellow hair
she sits by her second story window
longing to breathe in the fresh air
longing for her sailor
the boy from the sea
to maybe rescue her and take her to be
free
safe
happy
loved

Hmmm... I guess now that I'm trying to do this more often, it's inevitable that I'll be writing some real garbage pieces now and again. Unfortunately I didn't think that I would be writing crap on my second day back. Today, I watched Sweeny Todd: The demon barber of fleet street... or something like that. The only real catchy tune was the one about "Johanna". I dunno. I don't understand how they can get away with having only one good song in a musical. The story was dumb too. It was like a modern twist on a Shakespearian tragedy except even lamer. Oh well, good thing I only spent a dollar to watch it.

I was rereading some of the old poems and I realized that there are so many garbage pieces. I do, though, have some favourites. I like "the eternal week" and "night train" for their sad yet beautiful tones. I like "dirt" and "april showers" for their emo-ness. I like "rachel" because I actually got her name wrong. I like my series of "greatest hits" and hopefully I can write some more in that series... for sure I need to include my new love affair with the treadmill. I want to run on it all the time but my current running program only has me running 3 times a week and I would like to run at least one of those times outside. Here's to not hurting myself and being wise with taking care of my body. Peace out.

No comments: