Monday, September 8, 2008

A Sorta Fairytale

A Sorta Fairytale

boom pa boom boom boom pa
the steady bass line resonants from the tips of your toes to the top of your head
your hair tingles with every vibration
it only serves to distract you from your story
a sorta fairytale
this one doesn't end well
the writer was a maverick
who believed that happy endings were cliche
you blew it
you have to admit that it's a bit disarming
to find out that you're not prince charming
and that beauty there, standing over there, in that yellow dress
she's not your princess
and things don't end with a happily ever after
they just end 
with no fan fare

I don't know what that was about.  All I had at the start was a song title.  Recently, I started using Last.FM as my online radio station and it suggested this song by Tori Amos called "a sorta fairytale".   I just stole the title.  I didn't even really listen to the song so I don't know what the song is about but I just really like the word "fairytale" and decided to go with it.  Lol, I absolutely have no idea what the first part of the poem is about.  I don't even think it's necessary but who am I to edit?  Anyways, the word "fairytale" is something that I adapted into my terminology a few years back.  I had forgotten when I picked it up until recently when I re-remembered.  But that's another story.

I love fairytales.  I'm sure I've mentioned that before somewhere in the previous pages of writing.  Or perhaps you can guess that I love fairytales by looking at my favourite books.  Sometimes I think that the modern fairytale is the typical chick flick.  I watched two over the weekend:  "Definitely, maybe" and "I'm Reed Fish".  The endings in these stories are hardly ever realistic.  How can you blow things or miss your chance with this awesome girl and then years later get a chance with her again?  It's just not real life.  In real life, that girl is married already.  Not every one can play the lead in the movie.  Sometimes you're just the dorky friend.  Fish out.

No comments: