Thursday, September 11, 2008

Familiar Loop

Familiar Loop

Things seem eerily familiar
it's as if they know their order
you smile, i smile, we talk, we walk
and then it ends
it has happened before and it will happen again
I can't help but be myself around you
you wish I was less but sometimes more
like waves crashing the caribbean shores
the familiarity is wearing
my heart strings, tearing
I'm tired and pooped
we've re-entered our familiar loop

Hmmm... I kinda like how that one turned out.  The ending was kinda forced when I was writing it but I think it reads alright.  This morning, I woke up and felt like listening to my Kate Walsh CD.  Some may think that Kate Walsh is Dr. Addison Montgomery from Grey's and now Private Practice but apparently there is another Kate Walsh out there who's a singer/songwriter.  I discovered her on iTunes.  Her claim to fame is that she recorded the CD in her friend's basement and that's why the album is called Tim's House.  But anyways, I was listening to the CD and there's a track called "Don't break my heart again" or something like that.  At least the chorus goes something like that.  I'm not actually sure if that's the title of the song.  Anyways, that song was the inspiration for today's piece... that song and some post Settlers of Catan discussion yesterday evening.  It was more hilarious than anything.  I'm just so funny sometimes.  Peace out.

No comments: