Saturday, September 20, 2008

As You Wish

As You Wish

"As you wish" said the farm boy
but this was only his way of being coy
he really meant "I love you"
It took 17 years before she knew
but by then it was too late
he was heading to america to maybe become great
and return and take her with him
but everything started to look grim
when he was at sea, off the Carolina coast
the Dread Pirate Roberts killed him

I read the Princess Bride today.  I'm not sure why I've never read it before.  It totally is a book that people would assume that I would have read and loved.  I've seen the movie a tonne of times and I've always enjoyed it.   But after reading the book, I love it all the more.  I think the way these books are written, boys are supposed to think that they are Westley and the girls dream about a guy like Westley rescuing them, but in reality the other characters in the book need actors too.  Maybe you're not the lead in the story.  Maybe you're Prince Humperdinck the jerk hunter.  Or maybe you're Fezzik the dumb giant.  Hmmm... that idea reminds me of the season premiere of House.  Not everyone is destined to have wings.  Sometimes you have to settle for being the assistant to the high flyer.  Something to think about for sure.  Peace out.

No comments: