Sunday, September 7, 2008

Glance

Glance

She asked me how I did it
how I always seemed to know
It's as though I had a sixth sense of when she entered the room
She asked if perhaps it was the cadence of her walk
the scent of her perfume by chance
I told her that it was the weight of her glance

Hmmm... that didn't come out exactly how I planned but I got a little stuck so I just ended it.  As I was lying in bed last night listening to a podcast, I was struck by the phrase "weight of a glance" or something like that so I made a mental note that I wanted to write something with that line in it.  I've always felt like I could sense certain people's presence.  Now I'm not saying that I can actually feel their glance but I just think it's a marvelous concept.  I know that sometimes a stare from a certain someone can be so heavy that it just wants to knock you to the ground or force you to sit down because your knees feel weak.  Lame, I know but that's kinda the concept I was trying to go for but unfortunately, I just didn't quite get there.  Oh well, the good thing about writing more is that I get many chances.

I did 30 minutes of walking on the treadmill.  I technically didn't break any rules because I did not run today.  I'm actually not supposed to run on it until Thursday according to my schedule but I'm finding it hard to stay off of it.


No comments: