Saturday, September 27, 2008

Impossible

Impossible

The fairy tale is impossible
because my fairy tale would have yours come true
but our dreams are mutually exclusive
perhaps if I could travel back in time to you
and make it so that he never existed
or at least have you not insist it
that you would wait for him
that you would spruce, fir and pine
for that one man for all that time
perhaps the LHC could find a way
to take me back to that one root day
to stop the seed that grew to be a mighty conifer
so that you would be mine and me yours

Lolz.  That conifer line was soooo forced but whatever.  Actually, I hit a huge road block writing that today.  When I started, I was really excited because I just finished watching the Grey's Anatomy season premiere and a new song by Taylor Swift debuted.  It is titled "white horse" and the chorus talks about a princess and how it's not a fairytale.  The concept of the song really reminded me of my poem "sorta fairytale".  I am claiming partial song writing credits even though I totally stole the title of the poem from somewhere else.  

Sometimes storms come and go and you realize that there is nothing you can do about them now.  But maybe if you had the foreknowledge, you could go back in time and stop that stupid butterfly from flapping its wings and causing the hurricanes in your life: the stupid butterfly effect.  The LHC is currently down due to a helium leak, but perhaps when it's up and running again, they will unlock the secret of time travel and the impossible fairytales will be possible for the few who can buy their dreams.  But at the moment, my fairytales are impossible.  Peace out.

No comments: