Sunday, October 5, 2008

Wrong

Wrong

Maybe we got this wrong
We never thought this would be how it would end
This story took a twist in the wrong direction
We were once more and now I'm barely a friend
I was scared but now I say this without hesitation
The fault is all yours, you are the reason
that it's over and we weren't picked up for another season

Yeah, technically it's the next day but since I haven't slept yet I'm cheating because I already wrote something today.  I actually wanted to write something about how I used to be such a dreamer but maybe all I do now is hold on to old dreams.  And that perhaps I've become too scared to dream new dreams.  Maybe I'm no longer a dreamer.  Maybe I'm too scared to dream because I don't believe they come true... at least not in my case.  But alas, I was too scared to write something like that.  Maybe I'll let that brew in my head for a little bit.  The concept just came to mind as I sat there with the brain melting volume of dance music destroying my ears and... I blame the drinks.  Yes, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.  It was the drinks.

So, I ended up coming home and watching Smallville which I recorded and that's what this poem is based on.  It was based loosely on a line that Lois Lane said.  I don't really remember what it was but I guess that's why I say "loosely".  That's usually how I get my ideas.  Something will trigger a thought and then my brain runs with it for a while and then when I write it out, it's not really based on anything any more.  Oh well, I kinda like this one... but maybe that's only because it's my newborn baby.  Who knows.  Peace out.


No comments: