Friday, October 17, 2008

Grace Period

Grace Period

Chilly fall evening
sitting on a park bench
Memories come creeping back
just like the creeping foggy mist
I sit and reminisce 
About my eight month grace period
an artist, a writer
a poet, a tease
just like the chilly autumn breeze
that gently caresses your face
and makes you blush
Must I go, and empty handed
Eight years have passed 
and yet I still don't understand it

Hmmm... what was that about?  I know.  Do you?  I think there are many different ways to split up a persons life into chapters.  One of the ways to do this, is to use the girls in his life:  when they loved him, and when they left him.  Today I wanted to write about this one girl.  I thought about spelling out who she is and using her name but I decided not to.  We had a really strange friendship if you can even call it that.  I was a broken hearted engineering student and she was an artsy pre-law student who didn't want to ever get married.  For some unknown reason, we were able to comfort each other.  It was a story made for the silver screen.  She said that no matter what, she was gonna end our friendship on my birthday (because for some reason, she would make deadlines for friendships in her life).  That didn't happen but we were only friends for a few more months and then we drifted apart.  She was an avid reader and I did my best to try to keep up with her.  It was intense and then it was over.  You would think that I would want to remember her clearly but I choose to remember her vaguely and with a smile.


No comments: