Monday, October 20, 2008

Those Who Wait

Those Who Wait

Count me in when you count 
those who wait
I wait for you actively
though it may not appear so
to you or the rest of the world
It may seem that I'm sitting on my hands
afraid to move
but I understand that time ebbs and flows
people come for a while and then they go
And there still I'll be
waiting patiently
and on your side
always on your side

Hahaha, when I first started writing this, I felt that the piece was coming off as a poem about abstinence so I tried to steer it in such a way that it was clear that it's not.  I'm not sure how successful I was and with my luck some poor soul searching for "abstinence poem" will stumble upon this.  The title of this poem was taken from the Tommy Emmanuel song of the same name.  Whenever I listen to it, it just makes me emote.  I dunno.  Music has a unique magical power don't you think?  I wish I could play this song.  I was thinking of doing a series of poems using Tommy Emmanuel titles but I don't want to confuse the google algorithm.  Anyways, apparently I have long crushes.  I think that was how someone put it.  Unfortunately, I don't know any other way and I'm not willing to learn.  I'm stubborn and I'm doomed.  But that's my choice.  And it's your choice to read about my choice.

I was watching HIMYM tonight and I hate the Barney/Robin storyline.  Either Barney likes her enough to wait for her or they should just drop that storyline because I can't sympathize with him if he can't.  Yup, that's my Shakespearean fatal flow... I'm not sensitive.  Peace out.

No comments: