Thursday, October 2, 2008

Defeat

Defeat

He's there right now.  Isn't he?
Even as I wave the white flag in chat form
He's standing right there
Having a good laugh at me
Hoping he could see my last bid
The sound of a song
The last breath of a dying dream resonating in the autumn air
Its intensity decaying with time until it can barely be heard
or even remembered
The silence is overwhelmed by a new sound
Laughter
Even in defeat, I dream that they are laughing at me
But that's just silly... the last twitches of a dying mind
I know better
Where would they find the time?

I like that one.  I think that time is something I have in great abundance at the moment... I would trade some of that away for some more scarce commodities.  

Lately, I've been getting a few visitors to this blog from google searches.  Who knew that poems about Holiness would be popular?  I never would have guessed.  Welcome.  Peace out.

No comments: