Thursday, October 23, 2008

Sans History

Sans History

Two people in a crowd
strangers at first
Hi
How are you?
What do you do?
and so it goes
the conversation flows
casual banter is pinged and ponged
favourite things are discussed and not before long
in creeps the reality
because no one our age comes sans history.

I debated about whether I wanted to actually publish this one today.  I thought long and hard (the time it took to write it... 5 minutes) about maybe just saving it as a draft and saving for a rainy day when the ideas are just not flowing.  But I really like this piece and I want all the filipino community that is accidently stumbling on my blog to be able to read it.

This piece is obviously about the process/journey of two people getting to know each other.  At first, it's exciting and fun but it comes with speed bumps or as Barney (from HIMYM) would describe it, it also comes with off ramps at specific points of the journey.  The key to a long lasting relationship is being able to survive the stage where complicated histories are revealed.  At my age, anyone who has lived even a semi-eventful life, would have baggage from the past.  Now I'm just rambling so I'll stop.  I'm lost for words now but I know that readers just read into things however they want anyways.  Peace out.

No comments: