Saturday, October 25, 2008

The Arkenstone

The Arkenstone

We are drenched with the cold winter rain

as armies gather to win the Arkenstone of Thrain

Its value arises from its weight and clarity

Its thousands of facets scatter light in a million directions

The battle of the five armies is about to begin

It's lose lose even if you are the one that happens to win

No one was meant to own such beauty

It is selfish and arrogant to believe so

a mistake

Continue to follow this path and you'll join the dragon

the great and dead Smaug in the bottom of the lake


Yup. Another Hobbit poem, but now I'm done and probably won't write another one of these travesties for a while. I dunno. I think the poem is a piece about being selfish. I've been selfish lately. I shouldn't continue down this path.
Only hurt feelings and broken hearts can be found at this journey's end. Peace out.

No comments: