Sunday, October 26, 2008

Wires

Wires

I guess our wires got crossed
in my moment of selfishness
as I was blinded by my arrogance
and my desire to be loved
I looked into your eyes today
the absence of a spark was apparent
as strangers walk by me as though
they didn't see me
and I was invisible

Yup, another happy one. Sometimes I feel like I'm invisible and I really felt that way today. Maybe it's in my head or maybe it's half my fault but that's how I felt. The feeling is real and I can bring up specific examples. Anyways, there are two parts to my poem. I'm not sure how I'm counting but I know I was thinking about 2 separate things as I wrote it. The other part of the poem is about looking at someone you used to like or maybe still do (but in this case, I don't) and having the rush of feelings/emotions/events come racing back to you... you say your hellos and then she goes and sits with her boyfriend. I must say that I have been lucky in that I haven't had to watch my "girls" date too many guys. But I've felt the sting a few times and am left to wonder, "why him?". Peace out.

No comments: