Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Revisited

Revisited

I literally walk down the halls of my youth
Today as I head to the voting booth
Teens are crowded into their cliques
Jocks, musicians, cool kids, geeks
Girls crying over their stupid guys
as they stand in circles, skinny jeans painted to thighs

I had to go back to my highschool to vote today for the federal election.  I usually hate walking by the school... I totally hate having to be in it.  I know that I've aged but I think I can still be mistaken as a highschool student.  I miss university life but I will never miss highschool life.  It's not that I had a hard time in highschool because tbh I think I had it pretty nice in highschool.  I just don't think I miss it.  So as I walked by today, I walked by a group of kids and this girl was screaming at her boyfriend saying, "dump me already!  Just dump me if you want to.  dump me!"  I don't miss those days at all.  

On another note, I love watching election coverage on tv.  Especially on election night.  I love me some bar graphs and pie charts.  Seriously.  I do love them.  No jokes.  Peace out.

No comments: