Monday, October 27, 2008

At the End of the Evening

At the End of the Evening

Another year, another party
You make small talk
as you walk around the room
You run into the bride
and you congratulate the groom
You talk to their friends from work
You wanna speak up but don't want to be a jerk
they say it's nice to meet you
how do you know the bride, what do you do
This is a total bore
You've met them before
and at the end of the evening
It was memorable
because you were once again reminded that you are forgettable

I was looking for something today and I ran across one of my old journals. The last entry inspired this poem today. I used the line "It was memorable because I was forgettable" in it. I think that's such a brilliant line. You might not but I still love it. I don't know about you, but I hate going over the same conversations with people because they don't remember you or that they don't remember that they already told you the story. Or I don't like how someone says "nice to meet you" when you've already met before. As if they can't be bothered to have a perfect memory. I would have never forgotten you. Never. Peace out.

No comments: