Sunday, October 5, 2008

Surprise

Surprise

Sometimes the unexpected can make your day
but let's face it, usually the surprise is nasty
and turns your life upside down
it feels like someone is holding your head under water trying to make you drown
Sometimes in life you have to make decisions
about whether you want to risk your presence
at an event that happens to be out of town
but when you go, you find out that he's there and you feel like such a clown
And maybe if you're lucky like myself
You'll have a friend that will say it clearly so that everyone around will understand
that's a moment to introduce your forehead to the palm of your hand

Yeah, I said that I was gonna write a poem about this today so I did.  I didn't really want to because I have some seedling poems cultivating right now but I guess this will allow them more time to take form and mature into full ideas.  I'm still thinking about writing the dreamer poem... sometimes people can reach out from the past and get yah. 

No comments: