Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Erasing

Erasing

Erasing the memories
from the sketch pad that was the year
with a desire to start fresh
without the mistakes of the past
glaring in my face
and yet the paper still shows the indents
from all the previous pencil strokes
that I'll never be able to escape
instead, I'm forced to work around them
I will trudge ahead to greater things
making sure to avoid the temptation to retrace old lines

I guess this is my last piece of 2008... not because I am calling it quits but because I typically do not write two pieces a day although I have in the past. I can't say how often I'll be writing in the new year since it was one of my goals to write a tonne in 2008. Hopefully I will continue to write fairly often because I do enjoy it and I know that sometimes if I don't write out my idea, it might become lost forever. I want to try my hand at song writing a little this year. That was my goal when I started writing in the first place. All the best in 2009. Peace out.

1 comment:

L. said...

Happy New Year. I like this poem. I hope you don't stop writing altogether. I have always imagined song lyrics to be really hard to write. You could post songs in 2009:) Whatever you do, don't stop the creativity. You have excellent ideas and many many beautiful images.
Wishing you all the best for 2009.