Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Her Beauty

Her Beauty

It's not in her hazel eyes
or the playfulness of her smile
Her beauty is in her hardness
stoic and unfeeling
never needing to be caressed
unwilling to shed a tear
she scoffs at your fears
and doesn't feel your pain
She walks in the rain
and doesn't complain

I'm not sure what that was about. I was just interested in writing something about being hard and how it can be beautiful. I was doing some remembering earlier this week and I was thinking about how when I was younger, I had a huge list of girls that I would marry at a drop of a hat. That lists has grown substantially shorter due to people/myself changing or the girl getting married... but I still have a nice short list -- a very short list but it exists. I wonder if the existence of the list means that I'm still hopeful. I dunno. Peace out.

No comments: