Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Last Year's Season

Last Year's Season

I'm still living in last year's season
with my head looking over my shoulder
wondering if I'll ever come back into style
or if the good guy actually never wins
I do not object to spoilers
news of my future is definitely welcome
My hugs and kisses for you may seem rationed
Forgive me for being old fashioned

It's technically Christmas but I didn't get a chance to write earlier today so I will consider this my Dec. 24th piece and hopefully I can write again "tomorrow". I was reading Eclipse today and watched Get Smart tonight and the term "old fashioned" was in both. I know it's a relatively common saying but it's funny how when you get a term in your head and you're mulling it over, that you realize it may be used more commonly than you think. (awkward sentence much?) Or for instance, I never heard of Trotsky until a few days ago and then I've heard mention of him twice since then. Weird. Anyways... Like clothes, old fashioned guys are no longer in season I'm afraid... time to move to a farm I guess. Peace out.

No comments: