Sunday, December 28, 2008

The Garden

The Garden

The late year snow
covers the dormant garden
Tomatoes frozen on the stalk
the winter came without warning
Half of the year, you sleep
and we become strangers
You're just another patch of snow
I feel no sorrow
because I trust in one thing
We'll be friends again in the spring

Hmm... I don't garden but I know of gardening. Lol. I started out writing about "strange pride", but the piece was going nowhere and I was tired of sitting here staring at the computer screen. I have some weird things that I'm proud of. For instance, tonight, March of the Penguins was on TV. I've never seen a single second of the movie. I have nothing against it but I'm just proud that I've never seen something that the whole world seems to be in love with. Strange Pride. There's a popular dating book in christian circles that I'm proud I've never physically touched... much less read. Strange Pride. Peace out.

No comments: