Monday, December 15, 2008

Robotic

Robotic

In this world that is so chaotic
I find comfort in you
and how your love for me is so robotic
if-then-else
put your feelings on a shelf
to get back to me when it's on the schedule

I carefully time my arrival
so I don't leave you waiting
or nervously anticipating
The events of the evening
bullet point by bullet point
a touch here
a sigh there
You're a robot and if you knew it
it would spoil it
It would spoil everything

Hmmm... I don't really know what that was about but it was partially inspired by Margaret Atwood's The Handmaid's Tale. I read it today and I didn't realize that there was 20 pages at the end of the novel that were "notes". I usually like to know how long a book is in pages so that I can tell when I'm approaching the end. Well, those 20 pages really caught me off guard. I was like, "oh... so that's how it ends?". *sigh. Onto The Stone Diaries.

I haven't posted in a few days. I've been having some crazy writer's block. I've tried to write but I haven't been able to come up with anything good/beautiful/meaningful. After my last post, I was wondering how many poems I've written for this blog and I realized that I had written 148 and today is my 149th poetry entry. That added to my writer's block as I wanted to reach 150 as a mini-anniversary. Well, maybe I'll get on that tomorrow. Who knows. Peace out.

No comments: