Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Prepositions

Prepositions

I remember that sunny day
when you were in front of me
asking if I had a proposition for you
I must have misheard you because I replied with:

You're in my head again
and you're on my mind
It's like I'm caught between reality and a dream
I just want to be near you
and drive my friends crazy with stories about you

but now those days are in the past
and you're now across the world
working toward your dream
and I'm left behind and on the outside
I wish I could turn my feelings off
and you are underwhelmed by my heartache
you refuse to let your own heart break

Wanted to try something different today but I don't think it worked out... too bad. I'm too lazy to write something else. You win some and you lose some. I'll win tomorrow. Peace out.

1 comment:

L. said...

I think it worked. I like the play on words.