Thursday, December 4, 2008

Fat of the Land

Fat of the Land

Some people would say that I wasn't bright
enough to dream about a better time
of rabbits and alfalfa
cows or a goat
Some day we will buy our plot
that stretches out across the horizon
and we'll live off the fat of the land
As long as I keep my mouth shut
and my hands out of trouble
Life is easier when you got somebody
that you can look after and
that'll look after you


I read Of Mice and Men today. I remember reading it for school. I must be a much faster reader than I was back then cause I just breezed through it. I wonder what my metaphorical rabbits would be. That's probably dumb to say because most people would probably liken me to George in that story, but boy would I rather be Lennie. I'd be big and strong and I would think about rabbits all day long. A friend of mine is studying for the GRE and she has to work out analogies. I wonder...

Lennie:rabbits :: Joe:____

At the moment, I'm not sure. Peace out.

No comments: