Sunday, December 21, 2008

Skin

Skin

You catch a glimpse of her in the corner of your eye
as she floats by your seat
a phantom that you haven't spoken to in seven score and ten days
She doesn't notice you
what else is new
You feel uncomfortable in your own skin
as if you were never meant to be in that body
and that you were never meant to live on this planet
during this time
in the age of information
You look around expecting to see everyone looking at you
but you're surprised to find
that no one even knows you're there
To everyone else, you're the phantom

Wow, not sure what that was about. It started as one thing and evolved as I wrote it. I think I've been reading too many books lately. Now when I write, I have no idea what literary work I'm pulling from... or maybe I'm pulling from Smallville again. I dunno. Peace out.

No comments: