Saturday, December 6, 2008

The Ocean

The Ocean

Cold and wet
salty foam bubbling between my toes
rushing up past my knees
as I wade into the ocean
in search of treasure
There's nothing better for the weary
at least for the weary that don't care
I'm not looking for relieve
because it's my belief
that my destiny is just another few feet out
beyond the surf


Hmm.. I think that was a bit like my Hope poem that I wrote after reading Candide by Voltaire. Fun stuff. Trying to see what things would be like if I started centering some of my pieces. I think it gives it a different feel. I'll see what I do in the future or if I want to go back and center some other pieces.

Earlier this week, if you searched "weak poems" on google, this blog would be the first hit. I was kinda giddy at that but now I've dropped to no.2. I wonder why people search "weak poems". It happens way more often then I would have thought. Peace out.

No comments: