Saturday, January 5, 2008

Uses for a Chair

Uses for a Chair

When I hear your name
I want to throw the nearest chair
at the furthest wall

When I see your face
I need to sit down in the nearest chair
cause I'm afraid I'll fall

Fall in love with you
all over again

I wish I needed glasses
I'm scared for myself because my iPod is slowly making me deaf


Wow, I was really uninspired for this one (it's hard writing everyday)... But I thought it would be fun to go back to my old school poem moods. I dunno why but I've always liked the "I want to throw the nearest chair at the furthest wall" line. I remember feeling that way years ago. It just seems like such an illustrative line and it portrays so much raw emotion. I'm glad I don't punch walls or throw chairs in real life, although at times, I wonder if I wouldn't enjoy it.

As you can see, I tried to start off having a rhyming scheme but I got lazy and left it behind. I think the last section is kinda clever and cute. I dunno. Well, peace out. That's 4 days straight baby!

No comments: