Sunday, January 20, 2008

The Ghost Orchid

The Ghost Orchid

You are my fairy tale
the cute girl with the black hair
that falls softly on your shoulders
soft strands hang over your left eye
You smile at me
and playfully blow the hair from your face
dang, you're beautiful
the rare and unattainable ghost orchid
I told you that I've always loved you
and you told me that you never did


Hmmm... I've read over 1000 pages this week and so I thought it would be good to take a break from reading today. My left eye has been twitching for the past few days. I'm sure my eyes are not used to reading so much even though I do read a lot. I need to do my eye exercises that my Youtube speed reading mentor advised.

Tonight I watched Adaptation on TV. It's this movie from 2002 I believe. It was very interesting and very different. It mentioned this flower called the Ghost orchid. I dunno. It just made me think about an idea that I had a few years ago concerning fairy tales... how someone may be your fairytale but it doesn't matter because you're not hers. And because you're not her fairytale, it wouldn't be a fairytale ending if you ended up together... and how that's very sad. I've wanted to write something about that for a while, but I haven't been able to come up with a clever way to portray it as of yet. It's still something I'm working on. Maybe it would make a good country song. I dunno. I hope to one day write it, but alas not today.

No comments: