Thursday, January 3, 2008

70 Minutes to Nowhere

70 Minutes to Nowhere

First time on the bus this year 2008
I'm headed to nowhere and I'm sure to not get there fast
The bus driver announces
McPhillips!
She catches me off guard
I feel like I got married yesterday
perhaps I dreamt that I did
Mountain!
Again she startles me as I try
to remember my dreams from yesterday
Portage!
I was ready that time
I'm making a come back
It's 1-2 for her
Grant!
dang it... 1-3
Why am I even going to school today?
Plaza Drive!
so that's what that street is called
cool
University of Manitoba terminal
I'm here
Can't wait to go home


yeah so today was my first time on a bus since they made the bus drivers announce every stop. I find it rather annoying and unnecessary for the most part. I think if someone needs help on where to get off, they can tell the bus driver and he/she can announce those particular stops.

So, I was heading to school today cause I had nothing better to do and didn't want to just be sitting at home waiting around, babysitting my email. It totally was a waste of my time. I talked to my prof for like 20 seconds after waiting outside his door for over 10 minutes. He was showing a new PhD student around. However, later tonight, I did find out that my thesis rewrites have been approved and I can finally hand it in. Praise the Lord!!

On a total aside, I was looking for the tabs for the Growing Pains theme song and according to the tabber, I had the lyrics wrong all these years. I thought the line was "we know we're near the end" but the tabber had it as "we're nowhere near the end". Hmmm... that is a lot happier than my version. Yesterday, my adsense had an ad for depression poems. I'm gonna try to right some more happy stuff or at least stuff about products like Sony Playstation and Xbox 360 in order to get that ad off my blog. Although I think it is random cause when I checked again this morning, it was an ad for Maya Angelou... who knows. Peace out. Oh, as I write this, I'm drinking a root beer with banana rum. My belly is all warm now. Yay for me.


No comments: