Saturday, January 12, 2008

The Game is Over

The Game is Over

The game is over
everyone has already gone home
vague memories are washed away in the shower
nothing can be done to alter the score
it doesn't matter
you were an under dog anyways
she smiles as you leave the stadium
you know he's waiting for her in his car
why'd she even bother to say good bye
you wonder
the music has stopped playing
the band is on her finger


Lolz, back to the old school pieces. Everybody is getting engaged. Since I don't know what it's like to be on the engagement side of things, I decided to write a piece about being on the outside looking in. I was watching Dinner: Impossible earlier on Food network and they were cooking at a baseball game. Hence the baseball/sports metaphor. I dunno. Maybe I'll go back to haikus tomorrow. This streak is getting ridunkulous.

No comments: