Thursday, January 17, 2008

Pigs

Pigs

the pigs are not my comrades
they live in houses
and sleep on beds
they drink beer
and walk on two legs
they have forgotten the 7 commandments

the pigs are not my comrades
they beat us with whips
and threaten us with their dogs
the pigs are acting like humans
are we doomed to repeat history?


I read Animal Farm today by George Orwell. Hence the poem. Yesterday I read How to talk about books that you haven't read by Pierre Bayard. It was a book about how to talk academically about books by being very vague and junk. The book kinda discouraged people from reading books because reading a book actually makes it harder for you to appreciate it. I dunno. After reading that book, it made me want to read more books that maybe I should have read. I looked online for arbitrary lists of the top 100 novels of all time. I found a list and now I'm gonna try to read them all this year. I started a little late so I'll have to power through it and try to catch up. I need to do a book every 3 days. I currently have 6 books at home to read. Praise the Lord for public libraries.

No comments: