Wednesday, January 16, 2008

History Maker

History Maker

She's rewriting history
He was the man of her dreams from the beginning
She wants to have a good story
Something to tell the grandchildren

She's rewriting history
He has never done anything to hurt her
She's forgotten all the misery
And the nights she stayed up crying to you


I don't really know what this piece is about. It just kinda wrote itself once I started. I know that I wanted to write something about "rewriting history" because it's something that's been on my mind lately. Just talking to people about the past, I hear some discrepancies from the stuff that they are remembering and what I remember. I tend to trust my memory better than others especially when the differences in our retelling of the past seems to benefit them. I dunno. I think when it comes to history, I should be the one to give the definitive answer.

Oh yeah, I'm also reading the Pengiun History of Canada. The victors write the history books. Oh well. I'm definitely don't know jack about Canadian history.

No comments: