Saturday, October 30, 2010

Fire and Ice, Moon and Tears

Fire and Ice, Moon and Tears

Everyday we try to sleep
and keep our energies high
We search wide and we search deep
for trinkets we would love to keep
and when we find them, we will fly
under stars and harvest moon
we try, we try and we try
until the other noon
and when we fail, we cry


I tried to do fire and ice again today. I find that when I try to follow a rhyming scheme, I tend to try to force the word selection and care less about the concepts in the poem. I think I do better in a more free form style.

In all the busy-ness of coming to Calgary, I forgot to mention that I've written more this year than any other year. It's not that big a deal. I still think the quality of my earlier pieces have been superior. Peace out.

No comments: