Sunday, October 17, 2010

Blinkers

Blinkers

I put the blinker on
and changed lanes
Things are happening so fast now
and I'm no longer in control
Forced to follow the flow
unable to get out
I don't have a say on where I go


I feel as though I have some major decisions to make in the near future. I think everybody can look back at their life and identify some critical decisions that they made - the watershed moments of their life. Sometimes I feel like making a big decision is like deciding to change lanes in heavy traffic. It might be a while before you can change lanes again. You just get caught up in the flow of traffic and you lose the option to fully control what you do. You might not be able to make a right turn when you want to cause you can't get over in time. You might be forced to go faster than you wanted. You might be forced to leave some things behind - just blurry objects in the side windows. Yikes. Peace out.

No comments: