Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Laundry

Laundry

We sort our clothes in preparation
to get them washed and clean
In hopes to make a declaration
The world should show appreciation
We acknowledge we love to be seen
Walking about on tippy toes
Making faces and acting mean
Everybody looking at us knows
We want to be the center of the scene

Did laundry today. I'm glad I didn't bring too many lights to Calgary. I threw in a light tshirt with my darks because I didn't want to do separate loads and now I have a new shirt to sleep in. Oh well. I needed a new tshirt to sleep in anyways. I didn't bring enough. I suck. :(

Today, I was thinking about clothes and why we need to iron dress shirts. Of course, we can buy shirts that don't need ironing, but why do we iron them? Because we know that people will judge us if we didn't. It's one of those things where if everyone in the world decided to stop ironing, we could actually all stop ironing and save the world so much time. It's not like an ironed shirt keeps us warmer than a wrinkly shirt. The world would survive the loss of pristinely pressed shirts... but we'd just end up finding some other pointless aspect of a person's appearance to make rash judgments. Peace out.

No comments: